With most manufacturers, it is a warranty requirement that your air conditioning systems are frequently maintained.
We can show you how to do it yourself but a proper clean with an anti bacterial treatment is highly recommended every six months to keep the air inside your home clean and fresh. This is especially important if you have a baby, toddlers, an elderly person or pets, and more importantly, for people who suffer from asthma.
Keeping your air conditioners clean also means that you will save on your energy bill because if the unit is clogged with bacteria, grease, fine pet hair, dust and the like, it has to work harder to filter the air in your home.
While professionals we are able to repair your air conditioning system in the event that it breaks down, it is better to have a maintenance system in place. We are happy to provide maintenance services such as:
- checking the correct functioning of your unit;
- checking refrigerant levels and gas pressure;
- checking for and repairing any leaks in piping or insulation;
- cleaning or replacing air filters only;
- resettling the thermostat and ensuring that it is correctly calibrated;
- ensuring that fans are operating correctly;
- ensuring that the unit is operating as quietly as possible;
- sanitising flush for excessively blocked filters;
- anti bacterial treatment;
- checking for rodent access into outdoor units – a common problem in winter months;
- checking correct settings are used for optimal function and economical use.